How often should my septic system be pumped?
Keep these factors in mind:
- Pumping is generally required every two to three years. The frequency varies, however, based on the following:
- the number of people using it.
- whether there are garbage disposal systems.
- if there are individuals who are on strong medications that kill the bacteria.
- The septic system will be damaged if you wait until it backs up. Regular maintenance is essential.
- Some companies claim to sell products that will eliminate the need to pump your system. Biological or chemical additives will, in the end, result in a much higher price tag. There is no replacement for a professional!